Saturday, May 26, 2007

LOSING MYSELF TO DARKNESS

Hey guys and gals and everyone (hope I haven’t missed anyone. lol)

I’M BACK…..okay okay I admit I post very few, but it’s just that I don’t have time (well actually that’s not it though.), well anyways I just wanna tell someone something or the other. Well the other day someone asked me what color do I like (actually that person asked me why I was so obsessed with black or darkness as I prefer to call it?).

IT’S SO DARK IN HERE

So then I began to think and here I am. (Some people say that black is not a color, so for those people I wanna say that both of us are right Cox it just depends on which side of the perception/physics fence you're on!

In terms of Perception, Black like Greys and White is an achromatic color: a color without hue and saturation (or” strength").

If the term is intended to be Physical (physical and psychophysical concepts are often confused) and Black refers to a total absence of visible radiation (light) then, if there is no physical stimulus, there can be no physiological response: no response-> no perception-> no color.)

Okay so where was I again hmmm….yeah right as I was saying I am obsessed with dark, Cox it’s mysterious it goes well with other colors (ahem I’m no expert but I do use adobe Photoshop which I like- I'll show you guys some of the works I've been doing with it). So I Suuurrrfffffeedddd (WHOA!) the web searching for the meaning behind black (darkness), and here is what I found.

Black is associated with power, elegance, formality, death, evil, and mystery.

Black is a mysterious color associated with fear and the unknown (black holes). It usually has a negative connotation (blacklist, black humor, 'black death'). Black denotes strength and authority; it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious color (black tie, black Mercedes). In heraldry, black is the symbol of grief.

Black gives the feeling of perspective and depth, but a black background diminishes readability. A black suit or dress can make you look thinner. When designing for a gallery of art or photography, you can use a black or gray background to make the other colors stand out. Black contrasts well with bright colors. Combined with red or orange – other very powerful colors – black gives a very aggressive color scheme.

Okay thats it guys, so thanks for viewing this (PHEW!). By the way I also like other colors too but BLACK and BLUE are my favorites. (Although I don’t want to be that way I mean beaten that way.heh heh)

Coming soon! I cant think of a title yet but its gonna be a poem or about Adobe Photo shop. Bye all.

Those of you who want to know the meaning of your favourite colors just click here (although there are meanings of only 8 colors. sorry if your favorite color isn't there)

4 comments:

Areef said...

dude i love black too...
but the darkness is killing me.. ;)

Denekasrof said...

ummm.....dont give into that man, supress that darkness.(though i like it.tempting.lol)

Zero said...

heheheh...that was some cool info on black...

yea, black is not so bad after all

Denekasrof said...

yeah zero,you read my thoughts..